This is Part One of a two-part post on being business ready for 2021 – especially with your marketing efforts.
Now is the time to get your business ready for the new year ahead. NOW, not tomorrow, not next week.
Business owners around the U.S. are looking at their budgets, their personnel and very importantly, planning.
You must have a business plan for 2021!
And key to that business plan is your marketing activity for the year.
We are going to provide a type of marketing checklist which should help get your business, marketing ready.
2021 Marketing Checklist
Website – Your Website is your first and foremost priority – it’s your centerpiece for all of your marketing. If you haven’t touched or updated your site in a while or years, it is time for a major update or even overhaul.
A quick checklist for your Website –
- Is the content up-to-date with fresh content? Is your content/text SEO ready – very imporant for Google rankings?
- Do the graphics and imagery POP? Or are they something left over from the 1980s?
- Is your site easy to navigate? Is it visitor friendly? Is it well organized?
- Does your site actually do something?
As we tell our clients, if sales are important to your company, your Website should be your #1 salesperson.
Speaking of Sales.
- Is your sales team the best, best motivated and committed to your business, products or services?
- Do they have the necessary tools – email marketing, brochures, digital presentations, etc. – for them to do an excellent job?
- Do they have a clear direction, expectations and incentives programs to SELL?
Social Media – Next to your Website, a robust social media program is very important to any marketing or promotions program. Not seeing results right away? A good to excellent social program does take some time, so be a little patient, and it brings us to our first point …
- Start your social media program NOW! Not tomorrow, not next week, not next month
- Make your social media consistent with the branding and messaging in other marketing efforts
- Are your posts stale or lack enthusiasm? Time to make a change.
- Is your social audience enthused about your company or product?
As a rule, we would rather have 1,000 active followers in our social than 1,000,000 followers who do nothing and hardly interact.
Stay tuned next week for more marketing success and planning tips for 2021.